Naruto Savage Lands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Seeking Forgiveness

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Seraphine
Genin
Seraphine

Ryo : 2600

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
Seeking Forgiveness Left_bar_bleue240/240Seeking Forgiveness Empty_bar_bleue  (240/240)

Seeking Forgiveness Empty
PostSubject: Seeking Forgiveness   Seeking Forgiveness I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 11:24 am

Today, the red coat had been discarded and she had opted for a completely different outfit of choice for today. A blue and white kimono which hugged lightly at her curves, yet kept her looking modest, a typical mourning outfit. Her hair had been pulled back into a bun, only a few strands falling in her face and dashing over her eyes. She had bundle of flowers in one hand and a satchel filled with other supplies draped over her shoulder.

She entered the graveyard quietly, her footsteps barely making a tap on the pavement as she walked through the calm place. She felt very alone and suddenly very vulnerable. Hesitantly, she approached the grave once she had spotted it, sitting down before it and beginning to clean immediately. A brush swept away any dusk from the gravestone, and she took away the old flowers from the vase and replaced them with the bright pink flowers she had brought.

When she was satisfied with the cleanliness of the grave, she set up an incense, and burned a stick for herself. She was here to honor her mother's birthday, a tiresome and depressing event. However, she always came and repeated her actions religiously; it felt like a balm to her soul to do so. If her father hadn't been feeling horrid, he would have been right by her side. She had this bad feeling that sometime soon, she would be burning incense for him too.

Slowly, she put away her things back into her satchel, letting the dead flowers hang slightly outside of the bag's opening. Then she carefully got back up, bowing reverently to the grave marker, and then turning to walk away. That is when she spotted someone else, and a soft frown creased her face. "Come to pay your respects also?"she inquired, hand reaching up to brush the loose strands out of her face.
Back to top Go down
Nahaji Sankuro
Akazunakage
Nahaji Sankuro

Ryo : 28000

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
Seeking Forgiveness Left_bar_bleue395/395Seeking Forgiveness Empty_bar_bleue  (395/395)

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Forgiveness   Seeking Forgiveness I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 12:26 am

"I come around from time to time, my ancestors are buried here."

Haji had entered the halls around the time where Seraphine was about leave. He hadn't seen her in this kind of attire before, but he didn't really observe his ninja in there more formal attire. He was used to the action. He was actually here to pay repsects to his father and mother. They had fallen in the Kinzoku war, and since then his only family around him was the village.

"I also find it a duty to come here and make sure the Sankuro graves aren't robbed for their rainbow shell form. As you know, when you and I both die, our bodies will harden into the dense form of rainbow shell. One of the most powerful materials in this world."
Back to top Go down
Seraphine
Genin
Seraphine

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
Seeking Forgiveness Left_bar_bleue240/240Seeking Forgiveness Empty_bar_bleue  (240/240)

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Forgiveness   Seeking Forgiveness I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 12:52 am

She smiled as silently listened to him and the whisper of the wind around them. Her tightly pulled back hair shone softly in the afternoon sunlight, and she pulled her kimono tighter around herself as the wind picked up again. She loathed wearing the things since they provided little protection from the hot days and freezing nights of the desert. "Yes, I do know that as well as you. However, I come here not to fight off grave robbers; even though I would if I saw someone tampering with our sacred grounds."

Sera paused, hands clutching the basket tightly in front of herself, making the normally tough woman look so fragile. Her silver eyes glanced back at her mother's grave, with the bright flowers causing her marker to stand out from the rest. "I wish I had not been so foolish and inconsiderate of her. She only wanted good for me, and I loathed her for her weaknesses. I wish sometimes..." her normally firm voice cracked and she moved to sit down on a nearby bench. "I wish I could go back and beat the hell out of myself for all my mistakes."

She sighed, running her hands over the shimmery, silken chrysanthemum pattern on her kimono. "I realize now, that though she was weak of body, she was far from being weak of mind. I should have listened to her. Maybe then, I wouldn't have dishonored her and the rest of the family in such a way." she spoke into her hands as she buried her face into her hands. "How could anyone forgive me for all the stupid shit I've done?" she inquired to the air, her silver eyes painfully closed to the world.
Back to top Go down
Nahaji Sankuro
Akazunakage
Nahaji Sankuro

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
Seeking Forgiveness Left_bar_bleue395/395Seeking Forgiveness Empty_bar_bleue  (395/395)

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Forgiveness   Seeking Forgiveness I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 10:51 pm

Haji have a soft nod to the endearment she had of her mother, and for the first time since the young girl was a child, he saw her as a girl. Someone so fragile and not made of stone. She was made of skin and soul, and most of all a broken heart. He took a seat beside her and wrapped an arm around her for comfort.

"Seraphine, you must understand this. It's not you that caused the death of your mother. I know that she loved you very much, even as you went through the stages in your life that you did. A parent loves their child unconditionally as time goes on. You yourself are just beginning to understand the Sankuro way of life. You have embraced the temper early and used it as a tool to succeed as far as you have. Life has more out there to cherish other than power, and as you continue to live, you will begin to recognize that. You cannot expect your mothers soul to forgive you as you are now, until you can begin to forgive yourself."

He have her a quick squeeze in the one armed hug. He hated to have to deal with his ninja when they were downtrodden, because he hated to see his people sad, but he loved to cheer them up, and usually his words of wisdom do that on their own.
Back to top Go down
Seraphine
Genin
Seraphine

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Forgiveness   Seeking Forgiveness I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 11:55 pm

She leaned lightly into his embrace, her movement cautious. "I understand... I just don't think I can pull myself out of my cursed state.. Everytime I come home from a mission, I fall right back into the drinks. They numb the pain for a moment, and I always end up drinking more than I should." She paused, looking up at the sky for a few moments. "There have been a few times where I should have died from all the alcohol in my system, but the damned Sankuro blood in my veins won't allow me to drop dead as easily as I'd want."

She doesn't smile or grin, for her face is grim. She is serious; she has woken up on her floor, lying in her own bile, a pounding headache, and her limbs shakily holding her up. Sera remembers the one time that her friend found her that way, and had rushed her to the hospital in a flurry. The doctor had warned her against any more stunts like that; that she'd eventually drink herself to death.

"Sometimes... I beg the gods for death. I'll get in such a rut, and it takes everyone of my friends and dearest family to drag me out into the light again... Kicking and screaming of course." She hesitates, sighing and shaking her head as she looks at her feet. "I do my job in the field, but in real life; I am the most worthless ninja, and as you stated when we were with the brat, practically the town drunk. Do me a favor if you see me dying in a gutter somewhere, Haji; let me die like I need to." she spat, her brows furrowed as she cracked her knuckles one by one.
Back to top Go down
Nahaji Sankuro
Akazunakage
Nahaji Sankuro

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Forgiveness   Seeking Forgiveness I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 3:13 pm

His brow furrowed as he heard her talk of such atrocious things. Haji had been down this road once or twice. Being forced into the Kage position by mere actions during wars was not what Haji had in mind. Not even what he intended to do with his life. But that's the way fate smiled on him. Although the times were tough and the hardships came wave after wave, Haji could only rationalize the events as well as a young man could. Times were different, but the plot of life is always the same.

"Seraphine. I'm sure you're familiar with how i became the Kage of this village. I am a great warrior and my gift on the battlefield has lead me to great things in my life. But off of the battlefield, my life was filled with torment and anger. It was difficult to be so young, and lose the years i had because they were filled with protecting, and fighting, and watching my best friends die. As time went on, I found myself sitting in this very room, asking my ancestors why i was dealt such a cursed hand. Why was it that I had to watch my friends and family die, then be expected to just understand why it happened. I was young then, around your age. The bodies of the ancestors could not speak, and though i knew dead men told no tales, i wanted badly to find these answers. I left angry, slamming the gates as I left. No matter how hard i tried, there was no way i could go back. A monk came to my gates a few months pass, and he offered me the chance to find the answers I sought for. I could not pass up this opportunity and I eagerly went with the man. When I came back, I was the man you know today. Have been for about 20 years. What the Monk taught me was this, The inner regrets that you hold in your mind, will cause the burden in your heart. The inner burdens you hold within your heart will cause destruction to the soul. The destruction you hold within your own soul will then cause destruction of ones self. You have brought this cycle upon yourself because you hold on to the sting of regrets from long ago. As that continued, the regrets begin to pile on more and more. But there is something good from this cycle repeating."

He waited to sense that his ninja was taking in the wisdom of his story, all he required was the short reply of 'What good could come of this' or something along that nature. If he heard her utter those words, then he knew he could eventually save her from herself. Although it would take time.
Back to top Go down
Seraphine
Genin
Seraphine

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Forgiveness   Seeking Forgiveness I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 2:13 pm

She leaned back and sighed softly, looking up at the sky, her dark eyes watching the clouds move above as she listened to Haji speak to her. She listened as he spoke of his past, his maybe even more trouble than her own, and she couldn't help but smile up at the clouds. They were both dealt a seemingly bad hand in life, though he had seemed to have turned the odds in his favor.

When he finished, she closed her eyes, curling her fingers over the edge of the bench they were sitting on, quietly contemplating everything he had said. Then her eyes opened to look upon a bird as it fluttered down to peck at the ground before them, and she smiled slightly when it flew off. "Haji.. What good can come of any of this? I see only one outcome, and I don't feel like repeating myself."

She stood, and then turned to face him, her gaze as comforting as a piece of frozen steel. "However, if you have any other options, I'd be glad to try them." she said, her face starting to slowly melt into a soft smile again as she offered a hand to help him up. She wanted to start again, to move out of this rut she was in, and if Nahaji had a way out, she'd do anything to get it.
Back to top Go down
Nahaji Sankuro
Akazunakage
Nahaji Sankuro

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Forgiveness   Seeking Forgiveness I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 7:57 pm

He was glad to see his ninja was beginning to come around. A passage of faith had opened inside of her, and now it was time to fill her with hope. He smiled as she offered his hand, and to comply with the age he was hitting, he took it and stood up giving his ninja a bright smile.

"They say, the Phoenix bird shines its brightest upon its rebirth. The cycle reminds you of the duties you chose in your life. You chose the path of a shinobi, and the cycle you ensue now is from your own self doubts and your inhibitions. The cycle breaks you down Seraphine, it brings you to your weakest moment when you thought you were at your best. And once you've been broken down, the only thing left is to build yourself back up. Rock bottom is not a dead end, its an alter for you to begin your rebirth. And I'm going to help you."

He gave her shoulder a soft pat and he then looked down and gave a small sigh, almost to signify that he had been building to this point all along.

"You're going to be under my supervision until we have you fixed. Starting in the morning you will report to my place with your most important belongings. You will be staying in my guest wing of my so called "mansion" and it is there you will learn how to control your emotions. Any questions? Comments?"

He gave her a moment to soak in what he said, it wasn't everyday he took in a member from his own village. He felt it was the best way to keep an eye on her and make sure she stayed safe.
Back to top Go down
Seraphine
Genin
Seraphine

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Forgiveness   Seeking Forgiveness I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 10:47 pm

She gave him a small nod, brushing a free falling strand of dark hair out of her eyes. She did feel a little renewed after this talk with Nahaji, but yet she felt that strain in her soul to go back to her old ways. She couldn't deal with that life anymore, she had to fight it tooth and nail, she had to be stronger. For her people. For her family. For herself.

She smirked as he gave her instructions on where she would be staying until she 'healed' so to speak, and she leaned cockily on one hip, her hand balanced on the other in a typical 'Seraphine' pose. "So does that mean I get to bring any bottles of liquor I have left? They could be consider prized possessions." she said with a broad grin, until she realized the weight that fell with the comment.

Literally, for the past few years, hard liquor had been one of her most prized possessions. She swayed, a little horrified at what she had become, and sat down on the bench again, resting her face in her palms. "Sorry.. That was a stupid thing to say.." she stated softly as she looked up to him.

For a few moments, she was silent, contemplating what exactly she would bring. She would definetely have to bring all her ninja gear, and a few things to remind her of home, and a couple of formal kimonos. She couldn't leave without any of that. Her gaze fixated on his, a soft sincere smile coming into existence and then fading. "Nahaji.. Thank you. So much. I can never repay you." she stated seriously, coming to stand again.
Back to top Go down
Nahaji Sankuro
Akazunakage
Nahaji Sankuro

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Forgiveness   Seeking Forgiveness I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 3:56 pm

"You are Family Seraphine. You're never alone here."

His gaze hit hers dead on and he could see her innocence through the blacks of her pupils. The young happy child that had cried for so long to be free, to be heard, to be seen. He opened his arms and slowly wrapped her into a warm hug. He was glad to have finally gotten through to her after all these years.

"Besides, we're free of charge." He would comment as the hug was comming to a close. His battle-worn face would push itself in a tiny smile as he chuckled at his own comment. A single hmph. Sound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Forgiveness   Seeking Forgiveness I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seeking Forgiveness
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto Savage Lands :: Land of Red Sand :: The Forbidden City (Zijin Cheng) :: Hall of the Dead (Dàtīng sǐ)-
Jump to: