Naruto Savage Lands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Meeting the Family

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Reefer
Tokubetsu Jōnin
Reefer

Ryo : 500

Meeting the Family - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting the Family   Meeting the Family - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 6:39 pm

As the snack items on his tray were eventually all picked away Reefer stretched his arms and yawned, though he was a bit of a party animal he knew not to over work his body, especially when Tapp had asked him to come help with the kid's training tomorrow. He looked to his summoner and the student and waved goodbye for now before turned and walking off towards ape mountain to get some rest.

[exit]
Back to top Go down
Shizen
Chūnin
Shizen

Ryo : 22903

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
Meeting the Family - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue200/200Meeting the Family - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the Family   Meeting the Family - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:41 pm

I continued to enjoy in the festivities, destroying ever morsel of food I saw, laughing with the apes, and doing friendly tests of strength with the apes like arm wrestling and sumo wrestling in a poorly made circle of sticks and plates they were done devouring the food off of. I lost most of these but it seemed my strength was better when I was relaxed and I was actually capable of beating some of them, and even the ones I lost didn't hurt much because of my state of mind. This went on all night and I have to say even though I don't quite remember it, it was probably the most fun I've had in a long time.
Back to top Go down
Tappaja
Sannin
Tappaja

Ryo : 3200

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
Meeting the Family - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue320/320Meeting the Family - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (320/320)

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the Family   Meeting the Family - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:09 am

The party continued on for much longer, even as the sun rose and Tappaja woke from his short nap the festivities were only starting to wind down, granted the festival would continue on for another four days every night the days would be spent training and working like normal. He got up and handed a note to one of the apes that would be sticking around the area, on the outside of the note Shizen's name was written, indicating it was for his eyes only. After that he did a short stretch of his arms and legs and took off at a brisk jog towards the western side of the island, time to find his old training spot.

After an hour of jogging he slowed to a walk, nearing his destination he would need to look for the subtle landmarks that would tell him he had arrived. Shizen would need to read his note and see that he needed Strider to guide him here as this would be his first visit. The old tree with a hole in it about twenty feet up was the first thing, he charged chakra into his feet and walked up the trunk to reach inside and pulled the old and now rusted lever. It took a bit of effort but eventually it moved and as it did a unremarkable piece of stone in the nearby hill slid down into the ground. In a few minutes it would roll back into place but he had plenty of time to get inside. When he did get inside the rock moved back into it's place leaving him in the total darkness of a cave's stomach. He knew his way around though so he walked the narrow paths and after a few minutes made his way into a thin light at the end, just past that was his spot.

This special area was something he had discovered nearly a decade ago, a hidden oasis of a grove complete with lush green grass, several sturdy cedars and a small waterfall hiding a small stone room for meditation. It may have only been about two hundred feet across but it was more than he had ever needed and hopefully it would accommodate his new student.
Back to top Go down
Shizen
Chūnin
Shizen

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
Meeting the Family - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue200/200Meeting the Family - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the Family   Meeting the Family - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 9:23 pm

Needless to say, shortly after I crashed and slept for what felt like eons before awaking. I stretched and looked around, the apes were still partying and going strong. One of them approached me and handed me a letter with my name on it and after opening it I was told where to meet my sensei. I followed the instructions to the letter making sure not to miss anything, I was known for getting lost fairly easily. Soon I was in a dark ass cave with nearly no idea where to go. I remembered the instructions and eventually hit a light at the end of a tunnel. Hoping I didn't die and that was the light to heaven I trekked forward and eventually hit a small oasis with my sensei standing there. Jokingly I said to him "Damn dude, you really don't want to government finding this place." I chuckled and set my hand on the hilt of my sword again out of habit and waited for my master to respond.
Back to top Go down
Tappaja
Sannin
Tappaja

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
Meeting the Family - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue320/320Meeting the Family - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (320/320)

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the Family   Meeting the Family - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 12:33 am

Tappaja chuckled at the joke about his hidden location, "Yeah, we all need a place to just get away from it all every now and then. Even when your on an island that very much so away from it all." He moved over to one of the trees and sat down against it's sturdy trunk before gesturing to a massive stone boulder that he had Oozaru bring here the night before. The thing was so large that even that massive ape had a bit of a struggle getting it here. "I will freely give to you now every secret of the universe I have unlocked in my road to enlightenment and not even make you train a day on one condition. Take that stone and move it to the over side of the oasis." The thing was only ten feet away from the outer wall meaning almost the whole two hundred feet would have to be covered, a task even the so called great master sitting on his ass might not even be able to accomplish without some serious chakra drain. It would be more of a spiritual test though to see how Shizen responded.
Back to top Go down
Shizen
Chūnin
Shizen

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the Family   Meeting the Family - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 12:51 am

He mentioned moving the boulder that was pretty much the size of a highrise building. It was painfully obvious that even with all the gates I had access too I wouldn't be able to come close to lifting this thing, I could admit when I was incapable of something. I said to him "Hmm well I have some strong arms....so good legs...and a couple of the celestial gates....but Imma gonna have to saaaay...no." I laughed at the way I said this and then looked to Tappaja, half expecting to be spurned for denying to even try.
Back to top Go down
Tappaja
Sannin
Tappaja

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the Family   Meeting the Family - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 4:11 pm

He started with a low chuckle and it grew into a loud laugh, this went on for a little while until he settled down and caught his breath. "Good answer, you at least know your own limits and put that before pride. Now then since I got that little bit of information from you how about I teach you the proper way to jump?" It may have seemed like a strange thing for him to say since he had promised Shizen great taijutsu power by coming here with him and now he was doing something as trivial as jumping around. Tapp did a few practice hops only about a foot or two off the ground like a normal person can then he sank down a little deeper with his knees bent and charged chakra into his legs, it was time to showcase the first technique he would be teaching.
Back to top Go down
Shizen
Chūnin
Shizen

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the Family   Meeting the Family - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 4:23 pm

Hmm jumping? That was it? He had vast taijutsu power and all he wanted to teach me now was something as simple as jumping. I prevented voicing my opinion and just nodded my head in mutual agreement before matching his jumps in both rhythm and height, right now it only seemed like he could jump the average height anyone else could. I was starting to doubt the reliability of my sensei, he would have to prove me wrong soon.
Back to top Go down
Tappaja
Sannin
Tappaja

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the Family   Meeting the Family - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 5:48 pm

With the chakra build up complete he sprang up and was launched into the sky. He kept going for about a full one hundred feet until he reached his peak and then descended down to the ground to land and look at Shizen. He would then gesture for a demonstration of his own, he needed to see how high Shizen could jump without any help to see where to start.

310/320
Jutsu:
Back to top Go down
Shizen
Chūnin
Shizen

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the Family   Meeting the Family - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 8:30 pm

My jaw dropped as I saw my sensei leap what seemed to be one hundred feet in the air. That was ridiculous, he expected me to try and match that? I then realized that no real guidelines were set on how I had to jump, just to try and get high into the air. I then had a nifty idea that would test the durability of my blade but it was as strong as titanium, I'm sure it could handle it. I walked over to a vertical log in the little grotto and drew my sword. I stabbed it into the wood only deep enough to keep it wedged there, no more than 3 to 4 inches. I then jumped onto my blade as it stuck from the wall, it was able to handle my weight at first but then I jumped and thrusted my feet downward. It caused my blade to bend, but I kept my balance and prepared for the lift off. I would use not only the momentum of the rebound but my own jumping power as it carried me upward. I leaped and managed to get about 15 feet in the air, but that was it. I landed on my feet and pulled my blade out of the log and sheathed it. I looked back to Tappaja and smiled before saying "That's about the best I can do." I laughed and waited to see what he thought of my little show.
Back to top Go down
Tappaja
Sannin
Tappaja

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the Family   Meeting the Family - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 9:55 am

The brain of his student was impressive, using the environment to his advantage to gain extra power but still even with the boost he managed only about fifteen feet which was something that needed improvement based on the next technique that would be passed on. He walked over to Shizen and nodded, using his foot to tap the back of shizen's leg and then say, "Now focus every ounce of chakra you have stored in your body into those muscles, it'll take a bit of practice but eventually you will be able to do this with a minimal amount like I do. Try again and this time no moving in any direction but up." He would back off and sit on a stump with Strider on his shoulder, the two of them looked at each other then back at Shizen the tiny monkey had managed to jump fifty feet without even squatting but Shizen wasnt aware of that quite yet but it may need to be pointed out to motivate him in a while.
Back to top Go down
Shizen
Chūnin
Shizen

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the Family   Meeting the Family - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 6:27 pm

I would, after the explanation nod to my sensei and begin to focus every last bit of chakra to my legs. I would stand holding a single handseal to focus all of it down. I felt myself getting a little lightheaded because of the lack of chakra but I continued anyway and after about 5 minutes of charging I would snap open my eyes and release all the chakra in my legs in a single burst, but the concentration would be all wrong and I would only get about 25 feet in the air. I would curse as I fell, about as graceful as a platypus with down syndrome and make hard contact with the ground. I would sit up and punch the ground breathing heavily from fatigue.
Back to top Go down
Tappaja
Sannin
Tappaja

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the Family   Meeting the Family - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 6:47 pm

Tapp looked at Shizen, he had managed to get higher than before but still it wasn't enough. He knew it was going to take some time but also there was no other way for the boy to learn besides trying over and over again until eventually it was mastered. Each time the kid jumped though, if he listened to his master, he would be gaining a few feet on top of the twenty five he just got and might even be able to do the full thing early tomorrow morning. "Again." His response was short, as was to be expected. When one thought of a man teaching taijutsu they probably wouldnt think of some kind of sugar coated relationship between master and apprentice, such a thing was unheard of and would not be tolerated. While training Tappaja was going to remain cold, outside of training though he might just be willing to go party again but that was for another time.
Back to top Go down
Shizen
Chūnin
Shizen

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the Family   Meeting the Family - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:23 pm

I would simply nod to Tappaja and go back to focusing chakra into my legs. I knew the issue was the lack of precise release of the chakra in my legs and the more concentrated I made it and if I released it in a smaller area I would go higher. This was of course easier said then done, I had some experience in precise chakra control from my basic medic training I had but this was a little harder than the basic mystical palm or chakra scalpels. I would close my eyes again and begin focusing chakra to my legs trying to get it all in my calves in about an inch diameter. I would hold this for about five minutes before beginning a countdown, I had to release the chakra in both legs at the exact same time. 1...2....3. I then let loose all the chakra but the timing was a little off on my right but because of the more precise area I was able to go 32 feet in the air this time. I curse again as I fell, landing sloppily on the hard ground again.
Back to top Go down
Tappaja
Sannin
Tappaja

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the Family   Meeting the Family - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 8:41 pm

He had improved but it was not nearly enough, Tapp simply nodded to his student and repeated the same line he had said before. "Again." The tone he used sounded cold and unimpressed but honestly he wasn't impressed at all. He had been forced to train this under the instruction of the apes who, when he failed, threw him to the proper height to quote 'let him get a feel for the height'. So as the conditions were much more forgiving he would remain as he was until success was achieved.
Back to top Go down
Shizen
Chūnin
Shizen

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the Family   Meeting the Family - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 9:18 pm

I could feel my anger getting to me as the rage triggered my sharingan, my eyes turning crimson with a comma forming around my pupil. I could tell it activated by the slight change in my vision, it was then that I got an idea. I yelled out to my sensei "Tappaja Sensei, show me the stance you do when you jump." I would look him in the face with my now crimson eyes hoping he'd get what I was going at.
Back to top Go down
Tappaja
Sannin
Tappaja

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the Family   Meeting the Family - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 9:35 pm

Tapp thought over what his student asked then eventually got up and slowly walked over to him and held his hand out. "Pay me, first one was free but after that examples are gonna cost ya." He felt that for some reason he was loosely quoting an old perverted sage from another dimension, but such an idea was ridiculous and he excused it from his mind. He stood there with a hand out and a casual expression on his face, as a great man with to much make up and some nasty scars once said, if youre good at something never do it for free.
Back to top Go down
Shizen
Chūnin
Shizen

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the Family   Meeting the Family - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 9:45 pm

I would scoff as he was asked to give payment, if it was for anything trivial he would've argued but I never screwed around with training. I would reach into my pocket and grab a handful of ryo and place it forcefully in his hand before looking at him with my ruby eyes and a blank expression and state blanky "Show me again." I would stand up and prepare my body to copy his stance, waiting for him to move.
Back to top Go down
Tappaja
Sannin
Tappaja

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the Family   Meeting the Family - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 9:56 pm

He took the ryo and counted it before putting it slowly in his pocket and then nodded as he looked back into Shizen's sharingan eyes. He held the serious look for a short while before throwing his head back laughing loudly like all the other apes in the area. "I can't believe you actually gave me money for this, I mean come on man its just jumping but whatever you are pretty green at this." It was now obvious to Shizen that while Tapp was a master of Taijutsu, he was the first student he had ever taken. "Well anyway, its fairly simple. Look closely as this will be the last time." He slightly bent his knees and put his feet even to each other at shoulder's width. His weight was slightly over on his toes giving a slight lean to his posture and thus adding in some momentum for when he sprung p without even needing to move. He held it for a minute then went back to full height and gestured for his student to mock what he had done. This time, if he did the stance perfectly, he would either get it or get within a few feet of it as he seemed to have the idea of chakra control down already.
Back to top Go down
Shizen
Chūnin
Shizen

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the Family   Meeting the Family - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 10:14 pm

I ignored my senseis pokes at my lack of experience and simply watched as he set up his form, one more time is all I would need. I took in every detail with my sharingan, every slight muscle movement, the placement of his body down to the individual toes, even the moving of his chest to study his breathing rhythm. I would then copy his stance to the letter and begin to focus the chakra to my legs again and after charging I counted down again before perfectly releasing the chakra in my legs at the same time sending me soaring into the air. I could tell I nailed it this time and to joke around with my sensei as I hit 105 feet I would do a split and gesture to my crotch with both hands and would begin laughing as I descended and landed smoothly on my feet. I would still be smiling and laughing as I would look over to my sensei waiting for a response.
Back to top Go down
Tappaja
Sannin
Tappaja

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the Family   Meeting the Family - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 3:53 pm

The boy did a bit of showboating upon his success but it would be allowed, after all he had managed to learn the leap in record time though Tapp suspected it had something to do with his sharingan but it didnt really matter to him. He walked over to his student and nodded once to signify that his performance was acceptable, "Now stage two, landing. You may want to step back a bit." He took a moment to charge the needed chakra up and them launched himself into the air, after reaching maximum height he released a large amount of raiton chakra from his body and as he fell at a speed much faster than before the chakra picked up static particles in the air and built up power. Upon hitting the ground everything around him exploded into a sea of lightning bolts and static waves. He held himself there for a moment and then stood back up, just like before he simply gestured to Shizen to give it a go but this time it would take alot more than just copying his stance.

Thunder Drop:
Back to top Go down
Shizen
Chūnin
Shizen

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the Family   Meeting the Family - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 12:12 pm

I would step back when asked and observe tappaja as he would demonstrate how to fall correctly. I would notice his chakra signature get much more concentrated as he ascended into the air and when he landed there was a large explosion of raiton chakra. My expression instantly changed back to serious when I entered training mode again. My first perception of the jutsu was that after jumping into the air I would have to focus raiton natured chakra into my legs and right as I land release it all, so this is how I would try it. I set up just as I did before for the jump, as my sharingan made it impossible for me to forget a pose after seeing it, and jumped up using my chakra and then right after take off I began charging raiton into my legs and on the decent I began trying to time up the release and right as I struck the ground I released it, but it only let loose a few sparks. I would get angry and say under my breath "Damnit, I must've had the release wrong or something." Then I would set up to try again.
Back to top Go down
Tappaja
Sannin
Tappaja

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the Family   Meeting the Family - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 8:43 am

Tapp observed Shizen's form, thanks to the sharingan it was an exact relpica of what he himself had done which was the first mistake made as everyone's form on this was unique to their body and since he was just a slight bit bigger than his student he would have to adjust it a bit but that was something he wanted to see if the Uchiha could determine on his own. In addition it seemed that he had charged up all his chakra on the way up when really all you needed to do was gather a small amount and then let it flow as you fell for natural electrons in the air to latch on and make the powerful blast he had made just a while ago. All this in his head he just looked to Shizen and did what he had always done when the boy screwed up, "Again."
Back to top Go down
Shizen
Chūnin
Shizen

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the Family   Meeting the Family - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 2:50 pm

I would reasses my approach on the jutsu now. I took the stance again, but this time analyzed it closely and after the analyzes I realized something. I was too damn short for this stance. Using the sharingan I kept in mind the basic form of the stance and then using my own senses modified it to my shorter stature. I then focused chakra into my legs and executed the jump, it was much more fluent and natural feeling this time which was a bonus. Once I hit peak I began charging chakra into my legs again and when I hit the ground again a small uncontrolled burst of electricity formed around me, not nearly as large as it should be. Losing my temper I cursed and punched the ground with an audible smack and yelled "I don't see what I'm doing wrong!" I would then calm myself down and cross my arms, trying to figure out what it was I had been doing wrong.
Back to top Go down
Tappaja
Sannin
Tappaja

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the Family   Meeting the Family - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 4:14 pm

Tapp watched, it appeared that Shizen at least discovered he was in a wrong stance and got into something much more comfortable but even so he had not yet seen the building of natural static electricity through the fall. Being the master in this situation and knowing full well what was wrong the ape man could have easily just told the green haired kid but doing that wouldnt help him in the long run, eventually Shizen would go off on his own and become a warrior in his own right, creating new techniques and his own legends. Even though that time was years, possibly even decades away, it would all start here. To keep the balance stable Tapp just shook his head and called out one more time, "Again."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the Family   Meeting the Family - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meeting the Family
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2