Naruto Savage Lands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Free But Far From Fall

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dominic Edrick
Shiokage
Dominic Edrick

Ryo : 64600

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
A Free But Far From Fall Left_bar_bleue410/410A Free But Far From Fall Empty_bar_bleue  (410/410)

A Free But Far From Fall Empty
PostSubject: A Free But Far From Fall   A Free But Far From Fall I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 7:32 pm

The evening skies of Harikengakure spread a midnight hue over every aspect of the village. A calm night it was, a small breeze flowing in from the west. A Hurricane was sure to set itself in the direction of the village, but that was a few days out based on the winds. The moon was out, showing only half of its personality on this night. It seemed to be a little shy. There was one thing strange as it came from a tower high above. A man had seemed to take a leap of faith, or well, doom....

The figure seemed to let his head face the earth, gravity rapidly pulling him to the reality of his certain death. Until.....

A glow from the sky turned pure orange, as it seemed this was no ordinary man taking his final breath. Far from it. His cloak against the wind signified his status, though until he began to glow this mysterious orange, that wouldn't be seen. Harikengakure, both built above and below, was also built within and many spectators would recognize this glow. A single blade would apply this orange, illuminate coat of energy. The man behind it....the Shiokage. I, Dominic Edrick. As the chakra began to coat me, I was preparing to reach for the sky. Things were needing to be handled at this late hour.
Back to top Go down
Dominic Edrick
Shiokage
Dominic Edrick

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
A Free But Far From Fall Left_bar_bleue410/410A Free But Far From Fall Empty_bar_bleue  (410/410)

PostSubject: Re: A Free But Far From Fall   A Free But Far From Fall I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 10:04 pm

The fall to earth would be short lived as the orange chakra that enveloped my body would concentrate itself onto my back as is looked to peel away from the rest of me. Then in a sudden burst, the chakra erupted into the shape of bright orange wings that would span out and immediately adjust back, allowing for an even more aerodynamic dive, speeding up the fall. I would draw a smirk, for I was truly enjoyig the thrill.

The feeling was unfortunately coming to a close as the village below was zooming in rather rapidly. It was here that I would bring my wings of chakra back outward, turning my body horizontal, which would lift me back up and begin to let me glide like a true bird in the sky. If anyone was watching, my destination was clear. I was gliding towards the village gates..
Back to top Go down
Tenshi Uchiha
Genin

Ryo : 9900

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
A Free But Far From Fall Left_bar_bleue160/160A Free But Far From Fall Empty_bar_bleue  (160/160)

PostSubject: Re: A Free But Far From Fall   A Free But Far From Fall I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 11:49 am

The hour was late. Too late, was the thought of one, tired Gennin. Indeed, Tenshi was at the gates! Why was he here, you ask? Gate duty. Due to the lack of Chuunin shinobi, some older gennin were drafted for guard duty. Tenshi was the unlucky soul to receive the graveyard shift. Alas, here he was, doomed to be cold and miserable and tired. there were many more hours left before he could finally go to sleep.

Still, that did not stop his head from drooping as he sat at the desk positioned by the gate's entrance. He was tired, and he kept nodding off. This really was ninja hell for him. "Augh! I hate thiiiiis!" the teenage Gennin whined, as he slapped his face with his right hand to wake up a little. His face, now a little red, stung as suddenly, he saw something in his peripheral vision.

Looking up, he saw a strange figure flying towards the gates! Eyes now wide, and mind alert, Tenshi jumped to his feet, the chair he was in falling back with a crash. He honestly had no clue who it was, never having met the Kage before. To be honest, Tenshi didn't even know what the kage looked like...
Back to top Go down
Dominic Edrick
Shiokage
Dominic Edrick

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: A Free But Far From Fall   A Free But Far From Fall I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 2:09 pm

The view from above was glorious, the feel of being in an inverse world where there was no immediate sky was quite the spectacle for unsuspecting visitors. Lights of homes illuminating from the reverse towers above, the homes from within the Cliffside and the buildings below, truly made the scene of me flying around open to any awake at the late night hour. I considered myself a people's Shiokage much like my late father James, Nahaji, and Hitomaru. So the open access to me flying around was a bonus, the inspiration to the men and women who make this village what it is. Not only that, but seeing me allowed kids to dream big, reach for the sky, and accomplish any aspiration they may hold dear.

Approaching the gates, it seemed to be quite quiet, so I assumed it safe to land a few yards within, to let the guards know I was leaving out. I would land a short distance away, no more than 50 yards, as the wings at my back still gave the ominous orange glow. As I landed, they would expand out horizontally and my feet would press soft on the concrete surface of the pathway leading out. Soon the wings would simply die out, for I no longer needed them and I began walking towards the gate, each passing step echoing in the quiet of the night, my cloak simply swaying to the rhythm of my walk. I wondered who had duty on this quiet evening, and soon I would find out.
Back to top Go down
Tyouga
Genin
Tyouga

Ryo : 5500

PostSubject: Re: A Free But Far From Fall   A Free But Far From Fall I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 4:09 pm

Orange glowing figures in the sky at this time of night? The hell was this all about. Tyouga would be out late tonight sulking over his defeat in the chuunin exams the previous week, had he not trained hard enough or what? he couldn't answer the question training alone would only advance you but so far. At the moment though Ty was more curious of the orange light. It appeared to be headed for the gates so hell why not, Ty would begin bounding toward the gates himself ofcourse whatever it was would surely beat him by the time he reached his desired destination. Nevertheless Ty would arrive on the scene as a man with wings would land just minutes before him........ wait wtf? Man with wings?. The wings looked nice but Ty felt like he had been placed in a dream world where anything could go down. Ty would approach the figure coming up beside him before speaking "nice entrance, you do that often?" he had no idea who he was speaking to at the time but he would surely found out in these next few moments.
Back to top Go down
Tenshi Uchiha
Genin

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:
A Free But Far From Fall Left_bar_bleue160/160A Free But Far From Fall Empty_bar_bleue  (160/160)

PostSubject: Re: A Free But Far From Fall   A Free But Far From Fall I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Suddenly, Tenshi spotted another shinobi running from nearby to the object that fell, whatever it was. "O-oi! Get back here, you idiot!" Tenshi yelled, his right arm stretched out to stop him. He failed. The kid just kept on running. He had no clue what was going on.

"I mean really... When something creepy lands, you don't just run to it randomly... You never know what it could be..." He complained to himself, though it was pretty loudly. He doubted anyone could hear him anyway. Still, why would he just run out there? It could have been a meteor for all they knew! Tenshi couldn't leave this be in good conscious, but he couldn't leave his post. And that kis just running on in like Leeroy Jenkins... That was bad of him. No wonder he was a Gennin. You can't be rash like that.

So Tenshi was doomed to wait. He looked around for a weapon, but found nothing. He would be prepared if it was an enemy, though. Tenshi wouldn't go down without a fight!
Back to top Go down
Dominic Edrick
Shiokage
Dominic Edrick

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: A Free But Far From Fall   A Free But Far From Fall I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:54 pm

Before the young man could finish his sentence, a kunai had been drawn and I had it right between his eyes, my left and dominant arm fully extended and my right hand holding the forearm of my left, legs now bent in attack mode. The young one came out of nowhere, a sign that the guards in the area weren't doing their job. However, at the sign of the green hair and familiar headband, the job wasn't necessarily needed. The kunai stopping between young Tyouga's eyes would happen so fast, it could be considered a flash. Why would he do such a thing this late? To be honest, it wasn't a bright move. I held my position until he answered my question.

"You do this very often? Are you asking for a death wish?"

If the kid tried anything, it would quickly be countered, for the major discrepancy in rank wouldn't allow him to even touch me. I would react quick enough to foil his plan. Looking angrily into his face, my cloak and hair swayed from my incredibly sharp and decisive motion. Awaiting this answer seemed to take an eternity, I more curious about who he was than he about me.
Back to top Go down
Tyouga
Genin
Tyouga

PostSubject: Re: A Free But Far From Fall   A Free But Far From Fall I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 9:34 pm

Having a kunai in between your eyes probably isn't one of the funniest things Tyouga could be doing at this point and time but hell here he was. The speed was amazing indeed {I suppose some rumors are true} thinking to himself. Even with the kunai aimed at him Ty would smile like any other as if this was just a friendly conversation between friends. He would look up at Dom's intense expression "now now Dominic is this how you treat family on a regular basis?" it was true that Dom probably didn't even know who the hell he was or where he came from but Ty knew Dom but only trough name and stories and now here he was officially meeting his older cousin only to have a kunai inches away from piercing his skull. It was clear through appearance that the boy was an Edrick and if anything Dom noticed that first so he would be ok for now or so he hoped.
Back to top Go down
Tenshi Uchiha
Genin

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: A Free But Far From Fall   A Free But Far From Fall I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 9:50 pm

Well, it seemed Tenshi was stuck between a rock and a hard place. This really was bad! He had no way of making a clone to go check it out, and if he left himself, the gates would be undefended. If he stayed, he let a threat run among his fellow people. However, someone DID investigate. Tenshi was sure they could handle it. After all, whomever it was HAD to be tough. Unless they were just that stupid...

Still, this was bad all around. Sighing, Tenshi took a stance. He would defend the gates. If he saw anything suspect, he'd call for help. This was really bad.
Back to top Go down
Dominic Edrick
Shiokage
Dominic Edrick

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: A Free But Far From Fall   A Free But Far From Fall I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 10:02 pm

Nothing could be taken for granted as I stood before someone who was apparently smiling in the face of a kunai tempting to go into his brain. It seemed obvious that this person was more interested in telling me he was family other than defend himself. Though I had no reason to be on edge, I was in a rush, so I made it apparent. My tone didn't change, and I seemed to lash out at him. There would be no validity to family ties unless he could spit a familiar name. I would stand straight up, spin my kunai a few times on my finger and replace it in my side pouch, and just easily began to walk away from him as I spoke.

"This isn't a charity kid. Anyone can dye their hair green and play that card..."

I began to focus on the gates as they slowly came into view, the sight of the guard coming to perspective. He was looking dead at the direction in which I came as I walked into the lighting. The features were intimidating, three blades, two to the right, one to the left. The signature cloak rustling in the breeze along with the emerald green hair swaying with each passing step forward. This kid looked young as well and my fiery expression wouldn't help the situation of approaching him. This was turning into an eventful evening.
Back to top Go down
Tyouga
Genin
Tyouga

PostSubject: Re: A Free But Far From Fall   A Free But Far From Fall I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 10:16 pm

"Any one huh? Didn't know you got the clan so famous in the last few years I'm sure uncle James would be proud". Dom's attention seemed to be else where as was expected he was a kage after all can't spare no time for no one it seems. Ty would sigh inward for a second immediate danger had been avoided by luck or just someone watching over him either one didn't matter to Ty much. He would watch Dominic go off on his little trip maybe he'd turn around and say hello or he might get upset for no apparent reason and attack who knows Ty would cross his arms across his chest and just hope for the best.
Back to top Go down
Tenshi Uchiha
Genin

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: A Free But Far From Fall   A Free But Far From Fall I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 10:26 pm

Alas, the enemy was coming. This could be really bad. He looked tough, his cloak billowing in the breeze. By the design, he was obviously some kind of kage. By the look on his face... He wasn't a friendly Kage.

It was then that Tenshi figured out what to do. He would make himself look tough. He would bluff this man. Tenshi made himself look nonchalant, even though he was screaming on the inside. He crossed his arm across his chest, and nodded his head.

"An interesting stunt you pulled there, sir... I'm afraid my village didn't like it." Tenshi intoned, his voice having a rough edge to it. He started walking back and forward, pacing, "We have you surrounded by our elite ANBU and our kage will be here very, very soon. You see, he's like a God here in terms of ability. You might as well surrender right now and save everyone the hassle of a boring fight." Tenshi was really putting it up. There was no one there, and if he was a sensor, he'd know that. The Uchiha scion hoped this man was on sensor...
Back to top Go down
Dominic Edrick
Shiokage
Dominic Edrick

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: A Free But Far From Fall   A Free But Far From Fall I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 12:45 pm

Looking towards the young kid, he was obviously bluffing. I would know this, I mean c'mon man. Has the academy really softened these shinobi that bad as to use bluffing as a tactic? I stared down the young Uchiha with fury in my eyes, smirking as I closed them, dipping my head down a bit. I would rest my chin on my right hand as I crossed my arms, tucking the left in under my opposite elbow.

"Surrounded you say? Interesting....I'll wait until they all attack then. My 'cousin' back there doesn't seem to be too spooked by your threat either.."

The emphasis on Cousin was an obvious exaggeration to get the attention of Tyouga, whom I still had to figure out about now and to mock the attempt by the young Uchiha. I knew none of whom they were, but as their leader, I was going to have my fun with them while I could. This was all too comical. However, maybe some one on one with them may turn out for the best. I would await responses from both of them, enjoying my apparent sarcasm.
Back to top Go down
Tyouga
Genin
Tyouga

PostSubject: Re: A Free But Far From Fall   A Free But Far From Fall I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 6:37 pm

Ty smiled as the male, by first glance being of chuunin in rank, stated that they were now surrounded by ANBU. Dom didn't seem to impressed by this supposed bluff this kid had got going and even decided to add Ty in on the idea of being surrounded. Ty would walk slowly toward the gate not really worrying about the "threat" that was lying in wait hidden within the brush around him "I love testing my skills you can only get stronger ya know, bring on your back up". He would stretch his arms into the air showing off a nonchalant attitude and calling out the young ninja's bluff but he would wait as well for the imminent attack by the ninja of his own village, yup this should end pretty damn well.
Back to top Go down
Tenshi Uchiha
Genin

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: A Free But Far From Fall   A Free But Far From Fall I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:25 am

Tenshi stared at them blandly. "Fighting is pointless. Just leave this village. There is no need to potentially cause a war." Tenshi called out. He was freaking out inside. Either they caught on, or were so strong that nothing he did could matter. Still, he took a deep breath and put his hands up. "Even if I fail... Hurricane will live on." Tenshi was sure he was going to die. Why didn't he train more!?
Back to top Go down
Dominic Edrick
Shiokage
Dominic Edrick

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: A Free But Far From Fall   A Free But Far From Fall I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 6:13 pm

"You really are clueless aren't you kid? You should know who your leader is...I am Dominic Edrick, your Shiokage.."

I would look at his stance, he was ready to fight for his people and I admired that. However, as public to the people as I am, it struck me so odd he didn't even know who I was. I put my hand up and pressed it down as a sign to drop his worry. I would then look to Tyouga, and express my feelings on his previous approach.

"You and I need to talk, but I don't have time to stand around.."

As I began walking towards the gate exit, I would pass by Tenshi and not take a second glance, but nod to him as I passed by. Then it hit me. If these two wanted to be out so late, I may as well give them the thrill of the night life. I would stop at the archway of the gate. I would turn slightly, looking back at the two of them.

"You two, follow me.."

Just like that, I turned back away from them and slowly began to make my way out of Harikengakure. There was someone I needed to meet, and I was running behind.
Back to top Go down
Tyouga
Genin
Tyouga

PostSubject: Re: A Free But Far From Fall   A Free But Far From Fall I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 11:19 pm

And as soon as it had been made up it had been shut down, after calling his bluff Dominic would announce his position as the Shiokage and putting all these false tales to rest. He then address Ty once more stating that they needed to speak but not now so did that mean he half believed his story or just planned to beat him down for supposedly falsely stating himself as apart of the Edrick clan? Who knew, he started walking toward the gate, it seemed he was headed off on an adventure and before Ty could speak Dominic would say just what Ty wanted. Ty didn't hesitate he began walking after the Shiokage onward to an adventure.
Back to top Go down
Tenshi Uchiha
Genin

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: A Free But Far From Fall   A Free But Far From Fall I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 5:37 pm

The freaking kage!? How... what... Tenshi's mind was blown. He stood there, his arms falling limply to his sides, his mouth open, a look of shock on his face. Seriously, what the hell just happened? Tenshi never met the kage before... So how as he to know? He didn't even know the man's name. Well, that had just changed.

And then, he was told to follow. Well, Tenshi wasn't sure about that. He frowned, and looked back at the gate. One one hand, this was his duty. On the other hand, his Kage gave him an order. Deciding to be smart, and not talk back, Tenshi followed his esteemed leader, leaving the gate to village defenseless.

His arms moved slightly as he followed the Shiokage and the other kid as well. He had no clue what had just happened. His mind was still reeling from that total shocker of the man he was about to fight being his Kage! Still, as they all left the village, Tenshi couldn't help but think, [i]"What's going on?"[/i
Back to top Go down
Dominic Edrick
Shiokage
Dominic Edrick

Ninja Info Card
Chakra:

PostSubject: Re: A Free But Far From Fall   A Free But Far From Fall I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 6:49 pm

As we walked away, all I had to do was put my fingers to my mouth and whistle. The sound echoed through the area, followed by the arrival of two ninja at the gate. As if I were to leave the village wide open.....Off we would walk, we had a place to be. To the Shivering Isles and an appointment with none other than Rohim. I was ready to see if he had taken on the mission with success. Along the way I would get to know the two young ninja following me.

[Exit]

[End of Topic]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Free But Far From Fall   A Free But Far From Fall I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Free But Far From Fall
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto Savage Lands :: Land of Tides :: Hidden Hurricane (Harikengakure)-
Jump to: